CoolSculpting uses a process known as cryolipolysis, which is commonly referred to as fat-freezing.
It was discovered by scientists at Harvard and has since been FDA-approved. It involves targeted, deep cooling of the underlying fat cells in your body, which causes them to crystallize. They will then be flushed from your body gradually.
Any specific problem areas you have will be treated with this intense and deep cooling treatment that does not cause any damage to the skin or neighboring tissues.
As the fat cells are frozen, they will crystallize and die, with your body naturally flushing them away over time.
CoolSculpting from West Michigan Plastic Surgery can be used to treat stubborn fat in the problem areas such as:
- Outer and inner thighs
- Flanks (muffin top or love handles)
There are a number of benefits that are associated with CoolSculpting, including:
- Noticeable results – Fat freezing is proven to yield up to 21 percent fat loss in the treatment area, meaning you will notice a considerable difference even after your first treatment. You can take a look at some of our before and after photos at West Michigan Plastic Surgery to see the difference that CoolSculpting makes.
- Efficiency – CoolSculpting is able to treat a number of problem areas at once, enabling you to slim down faster. Treatment areas include the chin, upper arms, flanks, thighs, stomach, and more.
- No downtime – Unlike surgical procedures, such as a tummy tuck, which involves a lot of downtimes, CoolSculpting is a non-surgical procedure. This means that you can resume your everyday activities the following day and the treatment itself has minimal discomfort.
- FDA-approved – This is a treatment that has been approved by the FDA, so you can have peace of mind that it is a safe and effective treatment for fat loss.